Campbell, CA (PRWEB) February 22, 2012
Technology education leader iD Gaming Academy recently announced a new partnership with GUNNAR Optiks, manufacturer of advanced computer and gaming eyewear. The partnership will provide all students of iD Gaming Academy’s teen gaming camps with access to computer eyewear for use during the pre-college programs. Students will also have an ongoing opportunity to win a personal pair per program session.
According to iD Gaming Academy CEO, Pete Ingram-Cauchi, the partnership is part of iD’s strategy for staying ahead of the curve. “Technology moves fast. We work hard to keep our curriculum completely up to date – and that includes using the latest products and software. As our students continue working hard, we want to ensure that their health is protected and that their eyes are not strained. To that effect, we’re proud to partner with GUNNAR Optiks to place its computer eyewear for regular use in the classroom.”
The iD Gaming Academy is an intensive pre-college program where student gamers learn the technologies behind their hobbies. In the two-week overnight summer programs, teens learn everything from the basics of how to create video games to level design with the Unreal® Development Kit, 3D modeling and animation with Autodesk® Maya®, programming for the Xbox 360®, and iPhone® and Android™ game development with Unity.
Its intensive curriculum gives students a new perspective on the technology that they use every day, and provides practical experience that sets them apart from peers on college applications. Academy students get a feel for possible future careers through industry guest speakers from Google, Electronic Arts™, and more. They also tour real gaming studios and graduate with industry-standard online portfolios to showcase their work.
“iD Gaming Academy students are our future game developers, designers, and innovators,” says Rob Aarnes, President, GUNNAR Optiks. “As such, we want to ensure that their eyes are protected from exposure to digital screens as early as possible, all while providing an optimized digital learning experience. We’re honored to be working with a leader in pre-college technology education and look forward to helping its students excel.”
Each iD Gaming Academy session, hosted at universities including Stanford, Harvard, Texas Christian University, Vassar College, and Lake Forest College, will end with a student raffle for a free pair of GUNNAR Optiks eyewear. The eyewear creates a more comfortable and rich visual experience, improving visual efficiency, endurance, and recovery, while combating eye fatigue during extended hours of gaming. The eyewear is a technical solution that helps minimize eye fatigue and visual stress while improving contrast, comfort, and focus. The patented I-AMP lens technology is comprised of a proprietary lens material in an advanced geometry tuned for intermediate viewing distance and finished with custom formulated lens filters, tints, and coatings.
Main features of GUNNAR Optiks eyewear lens include:
• Tint: The Amber lens tint is designed to increase overall contrast, detail, and resolution by filtering out harsh fluorescent light and reducing high-intensity blue light. The result is a warmer, more natural light spectrum that minimizes the stress on your eyes, supporting sustained focus and alertness during marathon gaming sessions.
• Shape: The highly wrapped, curved lens shape limits air currents near the eyes, creating a higher humidity environment. This increased moisture helps reduce dry eyes and prevent irritation. The lens geometry pre-focuses the light to help support the eye’s natural focusing power to enhance detail for sharper, clearer vision.
• Coatings: The lens coatings are designed to reduce glare and protect the lens. Our coatings include an anti-reflective coating to reduce glare and reflections, and a hard coat that reduces environmental damage and minimizes scratching of the lens material.
• Material: The proprietary lens material is optically pure for the clearest image possible and comprised of lightweight materials for long-haul ergonomics.
• Fit: The lens and frame solution is constructed with the most advanced lightweight, yet durable materials available. With adjustable nose pads and an ergonomically friendly fit, GUNNAR eyewear delivers both comfort and style. The eSPORT collection of advanced gaming eyewear also features interchangeable, headset compatible temples to improve comfort while gaming with GUNNARs and a headset at the same time.
About iD Tech Camps and iD Teen Acadamies
iD Tech Camps is the World’s #1 provider of summer computer camps and technology camps for kids and teens with programs held at 60+ elite universities in the U.S. Summer camps are held at Stanford, Princeton, Yale, UCLA, and other prestigious universities nationwide. Students ages 7-18 create iPhone® apps, 2D and 3D video games, websites with Flash®, C++ and Java programs, 3D models and animations, digital photography, films, robots, and more. There are also 2-week Teen Academies: iD Gaming Academy, iD Programming Academy, and iD Visual Arts Academy. Visit http://www.internalDrive.com or call 1-888-709-TECH (8324) for more information.
About GUNNAR Optiks
GUNNAR Optiks, LLC engineers and produces Technology Eyewear, eyeglasses that enhance and work with the human visual system when viewing computer screens and digital devices. GUNNAR, a privately held company, was founded in 2005 and officially launched its Technology Eyewear in the United States in October, 2008. GUNNAR now offers four categories of Technology Eyewear including Advanced Computer Eyewear, Advanced Gaming Eyewear, Premium 3D Eyewear, and Advanced Outdoor Eyewear. For more information, please visit http://www.gunnars.com.
GUNNAR, the GUNNAR logo, and i-AMP are registered trademarks of GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. Copyright 2011. GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All rights reserved.
Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/595167#ixzz1nESMIAQM
There are no reviews yet.