GUNNAR Optiks and Team EG combine forces to establish GUNNAR’s gaming eyewear as a visual weapon for every competitive gamer
October 31, 2011, Los Angeles, CA — Today Evil Geniuses (EG), North America’s premier professional gaming team and a world leader in e-Sports, is pleased to announce an official partnership with technology eyewear manufacturer GUNNAR Optiks. The relationship will embark a new era of support for EG squads, many of whom have been wearing GUNNAR’s gaming eyewear for a number of years.
Team EG’s pro gamers such as Geoff “iNcontroL” Robinson, Jordan “n0thing” Gilbert, and Jacob “LzGaMeR” Winstead have already been sporting various GUNNAR gaming eyewear styles at events including the Intel Extreme Masters, Major League Gaming, and the IGN Pro League.
“Many of EG’s players have sworn by GUNNAR products since they became publicly available in 2008,” said Alexander Garfield, CEO of EG. “We’re very excited to have GUNNAR step up as an official partner not only because they produce amazing products, but more importantly because their products are already known and loved by our players.”
Jordan “n0thing” Gilbert, who has been wearing GUNNARS for almost three years, stated, “They’ve had a huge impact on my game. One of the biggest reasons I initially wore GUNNARS was the intention to preserve my vision; I had no idea of the other benefits that they would bring. The fact that I can see clearer in-game and also have less mental and visual fatigue has improved my game and changed my life. I even use GUNNARS to dominate in NHL 12 on PS3… “jgillacus”, come see me.”
Geoff “iNcontroL” Robinson explained, “I’ve been using GUNNAR Optiks at every major StarCraft II tournament in the past year. The competitive side of gaming requires one to be alert, focused, and passionate about winning versus any opponent one may encounter. With my Scopes, I’ve found it easier to not only focus on the details within the game, but also to stay on top of my game during the rigorous hours of practice required to be a professional.”
“GUNNAR was first introduced to the eSPORTS world through Alex and Team EG, ” says Michael Polin, Director of Marketing at GUNNAR Optiks. “By officially working with EG, we add a partner that already understands our vision to improve and enhance the way people and gamers interact with digital screens. In today’s world, your eyes are one of the most important assets, especially for a pro gamer. The past few years, it was fantastic to see the natural adoption of our eyewear in the community. As partners, we will further establish gaming eyewear as a necessary weapon in a gamer’s competitive arsenal.”
GUNNAR will be working closely with Team EG players on the future development of gamer-specific products and developing Team EG branded socket sets, interchangeable and custom temples for GUNNAR’s gaming eyewear. EG’s pro players will gain access to some of newly released and future GUNNAR styles including the SteelSeries Desmo and new holiday exclusive colors. View Styles.
For more information on Team Evil Geniuses, visit their official team website at www.myEG.net. Find out which of EG’s pro gamers are currently using GUNNAR Optiks and why at www.gunnars.com/teameg.
Learning more about GUNNAR Optiks:
GUNNAR Advanced Gaming Eyewear creates a more comfortable and rich visual experience, improving visual efficiency, endurance, and recovery, while combating eye fatigue during extending hours of gaming. The eyewear is a technical solution that helps minimize eye fatigue and visual stress while improving contrast, comfort, and focus. The patented I-AMP lens technology is comprised of a proprietary lens material in an advanced geometry tuned for intermediate viewing distance and finished with custom formulated lens filters, tints, and coatings.
Main features of GUNNAR Optiks eyewear lens include:
- Tint: The Amber lens tint is designed to increase overall contrast, detail, and resolution by filtering out harsh fluorescent light and reducing high-intensity blue light. The result is a warmer, more natural light spectrum that minimizes the stress on your eyes, supporting sustained focus and alertness during marathon gaming sessions.
- Shape: The highly wrapped, curved lens shape limits air currents near the eyes, creating a higher humidity environment. This increased moisture helps reduce dry eyes and prevent irritation. The lens geometry pre-focuses the light to help support the eye’s natural focusing power to enhance detail for sharper, clearer vision.
- Coatings: The lens coatings are designed to reduce glare and protect the lens. Our coatings include an anti-reflective coating to reduce glare and reflections, and a hard coat that reduces environmental damage and minimizes scratching of the lens material.
- Material: The proprietary lens material is optically pure for the clearest image possible and comprised of lightweight materials for long-haul ergonomics.
- Fit: The lens and frame solution is constructed with the most advanced lightweight, yet durable materials available. With adjustable nose pads and an ergonomically friendly fit, GUNNAR eyewear delivers both comfort and style. The eSPORT collection of advanced gaming eyewear also features interchangeable, headset compatible temples to improve comfort while gaming with GUNNARs and a headset at the same time.
About Team EG: Founded in 1999, Evil Geniuses (Team EG) have grown to become a leading new media agency which specializes in contracting pro gamers, executing online and offline broadcasts, and developing unique marketing initiatives aimed at attracting and influencing gamers worldwide. With support from popular brands such as Intel, Monster Energy, Kingston HyperX, and others, EG is North America’s premier professional gaming team and a world leader in e-sports. Players and teams within EG, such as Justin “JWong” Wong, Greg “IdrA” Fields, and Isaac “Azael” Cummings-Bentley, have brought home championship trophies from every major gaming tournament circuit in the world and continue to be influential leaders of gamers everywhere. For more information, please visit www.myeg.net.
About GUNNAR Optiks:
GUNNAR Optiks, LLC engineers and produces Technology Eyewear, eyeglasses that enhance and work with the human visual system when viewing computer screens and digital devices. GUNNAR, a privately held company, was founded in 2005 and officially launched it’s Technology Eyewear in the United States in October, 2008. GUNNAR now offers four categories of Technology Eyewear including Advanced Computer Eyewear, Advanced Gaming Eyewear, Premium 3D Eyewear, and Advanced Outdoor Eyewear. For more information, please visit www.gunnars.com.
GUNNAR, the GUNNAR logo, and i-AMP are registered trademarks of GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. Copyright 2011. GUNNAR Optiks, LLC. All rights reserved.
There are no reviews yet.